Forum Posts

Stephen Wicklund
Jul 26, 2022
In Feature requests
For some reason, in Chrome (latest version), Urza Gatherer kept loading as v9.9.7 (or whatever the latest 9.9.X version was). I tried: 1) Refreshing the page. 2) Opened dev-tools (with "Disable cache" on), and hard-refreshed the page. This temporarily solved it, but the issue returns as soon as I close the dev-tools and refresh. 3) Cleared all cached images/files in my browser, then redid steps 1-2. 4) Updated Chrome to the latest version, and completely restarted Chrome. 5) Cleared all local-storage and cookies of the site, then redid steps 1-2. 6) Manually went into the dev-tools -> application -> service workers panel, and tried updating the worker; no improvement. 7) Tried enabling the "Bypass for network" option. This worked while dev-tools was open with that option enabled, but the site reverted to 9.9.X when I closed dev-tools and refresh. 8) Tried "Updating" the service-worker, then "Unregistering" it, with "Disable cache" on, then pressed "Empty cache and hard refresh" on the refresh button. Again, worked temporarily, but the site reverted to 9.9.X as soon as I closed dev-tools and refreshed. Having a background in web-development, I was getting quite annoyed with how the service worker somehow -- apparently -- kept retrieving an old version of the site and trying to run it. I eventually decided there is probably a bug deep somewhere in either Urza Gatherer or Chrome (I suspect it's a bug in Chrome, although maybe there's some developer-side workaround that could be implemented). In the end, I did finally find a solution: 1) I installed the "Block Service Workers" extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-service-workers/ceokjgeibfjfcboemhdpkdalankbmnej 2) I did an "Empty cache and hard refresh" of Urza (just to be sure). The extension popped up a message asking if it should allow the service-worker to be installed/used. 3) I said "No"; and yay, v10.0.X showed up as desired. 4) I did some more fiddling around to confirm the issue was actually fixed, including clearing the extension's blocking, trying more hard-refreshes, etc. 5) After that period of fiddling, I did some regular refreshes with the dev-tools closed, and *finally* the issue seems to be resolved. (the v9.0.X has not shown up again since then, thank goodness) Anyway, since I didn't see any results for this issue during a search for it on these forums, my guess is that the problem is either rare, or something most people don't notice. It's probably not even worth your time to investigate it. However, because of how annoying/hard-to-fix the issue was, I figured I would mention it on these forums so people in the future can find this information through search, if/when needed.
0
5
18
Stephen Wicklund
Jul 21, 2022
In Feature requests
I have added some dual-faced cards to my deck. I added them under the tag "for-free-slot". (I categorize cards in my decks by "function", with the above being the category for freeform/fun cards) Later, I decided to recategorize them under the "mana-source-lands" tag. However, no matter what I do, I cannot remove the "for-free-slot" tag from those dual-faced cards! I've tried removing the tag from the front face; I've tried removing it from the back face; I've tried removing the tag from the front, then adding it to the back, then removing it from the back. In all of these cases, I am seemingly able to remove that tag -- but then as soon as I sync Urza to the cloud (eg. "upload", wait for confirmation, then "download" again), the tag I wanted gone returns somehow. (and I've tried syncing using both OneDrive and DropBox, so that's not the problem) Anyway, the two cards I'm currently having trouble with are: "Bala Ged Sanctuary (180)" and "Khalni Territory (192)" But I have had this same issue for other cards before. I have ignored it in the past, because I didn't focus on the tags that much -- but in this case it keeps distracting me because it's messing up the card-count quotas I've set for the different functions/categories. If it would help, I'd be happy to send my collection and/or deck exports to try to help debug it.
0
2
8
Stephen Wicklund
Apr 30, 2022
In Feature requests
Any chance that a "quick filter" input could be added for cards' "rules text" (or alternately, its "full text"), in lists/search-results? There seems to be extra space for another expanded quick-filter: The reason is that, it's very frequently the case that when I'm looking at a list (or existing search's results) that I want to have it "show only the cards with haste" or "deathtouch" or "flying". Currently this is a substantial pain, because: 1) If you're viewing search-results, you have to leave your current search, open advanced search (which has all your inputs cleared), then re-enter your search inputs, add your text to the rules-text filter box, then press enter. (A pain when you just want to quickly change what ability you're filtering for!) 2) If you're viewing a card-list, similar thing, except with the added step of having to remember what tags were part of the list you were viewing, and then add those tags to the "tags" filter in advanced search. Urza Gatherer is a great digital collection manager (my favorite atm, by quite a margin), but this is the biggest pain point I've hit with it. I'd be more than happy to donate $30 to help compensate for the development time!
Add "rules text" quick-filter to lists/search-results content media
0
1
10

Stephen Wicklund

More actions