First off, I appreciate the work you put into this tool and it looks promising.
I have been looking for a good tool to start tracking my collection now and then and now stumbled upon this one. I actually never properly tracked my collection in the 28 years I play MtG and want to change that. So I looked into this tool and tried to find out whether it fulfills my 2 main requirements, which are:
- Allow me to load and save collections to my own file systems in a human and machine readable format (for me the only way to protect the effort I put into creating and maintaining collection information)
So I took a closer look (in non-patreon mode) and these are the things that I encountered when trying to start entering my collection, all of which translate to feature or change requests I guess:
- The context menu item "+ Add to collection" does not increase card count, but only changes it from 0 to 1 (not e.g. 1 to 2)
- The context menu item "- Remove from collection" does not decrease card count by 1, but decreases it to 0 regardless of card count
- Missing "Collection mode" in list view with +/- buttons for each card count, allowing for single click addition of a card to the collection
- Missing clear card version indication in grid view collection mode (e.g. by adding the set name, version and language as an overlay to the card image); Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale e.g. is indistinguishable between Italian Legends and Legends; using the list view instead does not work for card counts > 1 (see above)
- Missing differentiation between card languages (e.g. FBB in German, French or Japanese); I have never seen this differentiation in any MtG collection management tool
- Mising option to (de-)select all / ranges in custom checklist, active sets and active blocks editor
- Missing option to add comments and condition to each individual card in collection
- Missing search / filter by set in collection view
- Missing search / filter by set name in checklist view (e.g. search for "Legends" check list)
- Search results don't show what the query was
- Search results don't offer to modify query / go back to query editor
- Missing option to save search / filter queries
- Missing option to add full card and set names to the save file format (it is only storing card and set ids); exporting to .csv is not the same as there does not seem to be a way to import from those files
- Missing GitHub repository to allow for contributions, issue tracking, etc.
- When selecting a specific card in the search box drop-down results, only versions of that specific card should show (currently all cards including the name are shown)
These are more comments than requests:
- The option to change number in single card view is somewhat inconvenient - it takes 3 clicks and lots of mouse movement on a large screen to increase card count by 1
- It is hard to understand that the context menu item "Collection" is about changing the number of cards in collection; using this UI is tedious (right click on row, click "Collection", click "+", click "Ok" for each card to add); using "+ Add to collection" is no alternative for cards beyond the first (see below)
- I don't understand the "Lists" feature at all and would need an explanation
I would consider putting my own time into improving this tool, if there would be the option to contribute to the implementation. I am myself a software engineer with 35+ years of programming experience.