Forum Comments

Service Worker outdated/not-updating
In Feature requests
Stephen Wicklund
Aug 28, 2022
Okay, I think I finally fixed the core issue. (knocking on wood) What I did (after disabling the workaround extension for blocking/gating all service-workers): 1) Closed all UrzaGatherer tabs. 2) Turned off my internet. 3) Opened UrzaGatherer, went to Settings, then pressed "Clear local cache" in the database section. 4) Turned internet back on. 5) Refreshed the page. (and again, and again, and in new tab, and with dev-tools open and closed, and with hard-refresh, etc. to make sure the fix persisted) So the key seems to be the "Clear local cache" button in the "Database" section at the bottom of settings. It's odd that that did it though, since as mentioned I already tried clearing all cache for UrzaGatherer through the dev-tools; but maybe UrzaGatherer has some kind of "cache" that is not seen by the dev-tools cache-clearing tool. If the app's "Clear local cache" button is not supposed to have anything to do with the service-worker code (ie. app version), then my suspicion is that maybe there was something about what the app was caching that was making the app's state "invalid" or "over a quota" or something, causing the attempt to update the cached service-worker code (to the newer versions) to consistently fail. And so by pressing "Clear local cache", it restores the app's state to something that wasn't invalid/over-quota, freeing that up. Anyway, the above is just a guess; the fix above worked for me (and without needing that service-worker-blocker extension anymore), so I am content not knowing the full details.
0
0

Stephen Wicklund

More actions